Monday, April 19, 2010

Whatever happened to What About Bob's?

Man, I hate when a good business goes under. Even if I'm not sure that it was a good business. But with a name like What About Bob's?, I'm giving this little abandoned diner in downtown Detroit the benefit of the doubt.

It's on Griswold just north of the coney island restaurants, and by the looks of it, Bob's? hasn't served up any homemade soups or sandwiches in years. The movie starring Bill Murray didn't even come out until 1991. Think there's a connection? Our crack research team is on it, but in the meantime I have to guess that it's just a coincidence.

As for the building itself, keep your eyes peeled if you decide to watch the not-yet-released remake of Red Dawn, which was filmed downtown. From what I could tell, it looked like the place known long ago as What About Bob's? was providing a backdrop during the some of the filming.